This is an exciting opportunity to help establish this growing communications agency with a strong destination/lifestyle focus.
The ideal candidate is either a strong SAD wanting to step up or a solid GAD that has the drive and ambition to grow and shape this Sydney PR offering.
This role will be responsible for the day-to-day management and the ongoing strategic direction, growth, profitability and counsel of the agency's high-profile destination, lifestyle and retail clients.
This role is perfectly suited to someone who has proven experience providing professional, innovative, attentive, high quality and results-driven PR and communications services to clients.
The suitable candidate must have either PR agency or in-house communications experience and be a team leader who is passionate about supporting the culture of the company.
- Manage the strategic direction and growth of clients.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of accounts ensuring that campaign/client outcomes are exceptional.
- Produce and proof a range of communications materials to an expectational standard, including complex media releases, senior stakeholder briefing documents, speeches and scripts, creative strategies and Q&As
- Use your excellent understanding of social, digital and traditional media to deliver high levels of editorial and large-scale integrated campaigns
- Develop new, creative and innovative ideas for clients.
- Direct and manage staff, ensuring effective mix of technical tuition and mentoring.
- Assist with new business procurement by cultivating leads, engaging contacts throughout proposal process and winning new business.
- Prepare and submit outstanding and regular reports for clients, upward reporting to senior management and regular, positive information sharing with team.
- Assist in new business procurement via contributing to and leading proposals, cultivating leads, engaging contacts throughout proposal process.
- Management of client budgets
- Some domestic travel will be required.
Specific Skills & Experience:-
- Agency experience would be an advantage
- Desirable experience: retail, travel/hotels, hospitality and business/corporate
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field.
- Knowledge of global market trends, industry news and competitor activities.
- No less than 6 years' experience in senior public relations/corporate communications/marketing role.
- Excellent proven account management skills.
- Experience in people management.
- Strong verbal communicator and proficient presenter
- Well-developed communications, influencing and negotiating skills.
If you're looking for a new challenge and want to be instrumental in growing this dynamic agency, we'd love to hear from you.