|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$140000 - AU$160000 per annum|
This an exciting opportunity to work within a truly integrated PR agency that bring together deep specialists across all PR disciplines (Consumer, Technology, Health, B2B, Corporate, Employee Engagement, Public Affairs and Social Media).
Most of our clients work with more than one of our companies and while you'll be specialising in the Corporate sector, you'll have the chance to experience and learn from consultants across all other parts of the business.
In this role you'll be working across public affairs, government relations and issues and crisis management. The team provides its clients with outstanding networks and relationships, deep insights and the most creative work.
You may work with former political and policy advisers, journalists, bureaucrats and professional public affairs consultants.
The business focuses on: insights, ideas and influence. Deep client, policy, media and political insights; creative ideas to solve problems, issues and opportunities; and influence in real-world commercial outcomes or changing public attitudes and behaviour.
As an Associate Director you are a team leader with a minimum of ten years' experience working in a public affairs role, or related consultancy enterprise, and an additional strong background in government, media, industry or communications.
You are a senior member of the team to whom consultants and clients alike can turn to for professional counsel, you will lead a number of client accounts at any one time, providing high level strategic and authoritative advice as required.
- Impeccable PR foundation skills: At this level you have a sound understanding of the interplay between politics, media and the community and how they impact our clients - the essence of public affairs.
- Mentoring: You actively coach other team members to assist in the development of their own professional skills. You give proactive positive and constructive feedback and you actively seek it from your team too.
- Budget management: You have regular financial discussions with your team and you keep Finance updated on any significant upward or downward shifts to monthly forecast budgets.
- Business development: You proactively look for opportunities to grow the business of the clients we already have. You also look externally to identify other new business potential and confident to take a lead role on a new business pitch - with support from your MD and strategy and planning teams.
- Developing specialist knowledge: You'll have developed specialist knowledge about industries, audiences, clients or parts of the PR discipline that you're sought out for. As a leader of the business we expect you actively contribute thought leadership pieces, blog posts, white papers, research presentations and internal and external training on areas of your choice.
- Leadership: You are a leader around the management table and generate/table discussions around issues that impact on the business and the people within it. You will be well versed with and supportive of our Employee Value Proposition, Vision, Business Strategy and Values -bringing all these to life in your teams and in your business.
- Strategy and Planning: You'll work with teams to lead the development of client plans- working with opr PR's strategy and planning resources and tools.
- Having a unique understanding of and access to critical networks, including ministers, MPs, advisers, bureaucrats, political journalists, specialist media, industry and community groups, and others who play a key role in influencing public affairs.
- Demonstrate a passion about politics and public affairs. Obsessed with the ebbs and flows of power, the evolution of the great policy debates, and the use of influence and persuasion to transform society and achieve positive political and policy outcomes.
Culture and Values
Our employee value proposition is: Make every team member matter. It's what you can expect from us and what we can expect from you when you join our team.
Our core values are focussed around:- Partnership, Curiosity, Innovation, Bravery, Creativity
We offer great opportunities for growth and development with a collaborate and supportive management structure.
If you have the skills and experience, I'd love to hear from you.
Sorry, this job is no longer available
- PR Director - Corporate and Financial Communications
Sydney, New South Wales
- PR Associate Director - Corporate and Financial Communications
Sydney, New South Wales
- PR & Marketing Coordinator
Alexandria, New South Wales
AU$65000 - AU$70000 per annum
- Digital Lead Generation Specialist
Macquarie Park, New South Wales